Thursday, June 11, 2009

Our Babies!

These are probably two of the most spoiled dogs you've ever seen! They are definitely our babies! Kwik, the Black lab, will be 10 in October. I can't believe that he is that old already. Jack brought him home on his birthday, August 3rd 2000. We had only moved into our house a few weeks before that and I wasn't all that sure about the whole plan. But, Kwik won my heart in a matter of minutes. He has helped get me through a lot of tough times. He is the most loving and loyal dog in the world. I honestly don't know what I'd do without him.

Dottie, a German shorthair pointer, will be 4 in August. She is petite, corky, and the sweetest dog you've ever met. Outside she has all the energy you can imagine. Inside, she is the biggest snuggler and thinks she is a lap dog. We got her when she was 8 months old. We brought her home on my birthday, April 6th 2006. I'll never forget driving up to the house in Missouri where we picked her up. She was getting a good hose down outside. She was soaking wet and looked so skinny. We packed her up in the kennel in the car and started driving back to Green Bay. Eventually I layed in the back of the Tahoe with her and she layed on my chest the rest of the way home. She was so scared. When we first got her home I think she was glad to meet Kwik. And, Kwik was actually pretty excited to have a buddy around again. The first couple weeks she was scared of everything, and everyone. Months went by before we ever heard a peep out of her. Now sometimes we miss those quiet days. But, she is a sweetheart.

I don't think we'll ever find two dogs as great as these again. And, in our next life, Jack and I have both decided that we'd like to come back as one of our dogs.




1 comment: