Thursday, April 2, 2009

Just wanted to update everyone. I wasn't in the mood to write a whole lot yesterday.
It was a rough day! To be honest, I think I knew what the results were going to be. I knew for a couple days that I was feeling completely normal. I was tired and emotional but I knew that was likely from the hormones I was taking and the roller coaster that we had been on. Yesterday was the longest day ever. Each time the phone would ring my heart would jump into my throat. Finally when my nurse, Jean called I could tell that she didn't have good news. I had gotten so close to her. I told her on Monday that I really didn't know how people make it through this whole process without her. She is the best! I felt so bad that she had to tell me the bad news. I think she cried as much on the phone as I did.

So last night was exhausting! Actually I guess the last few months has been. But last night we finally knew that it was over. We did not get the result that WE wanted but we know that this is what GOD wants and he will get us through it. I was reading an old email this morning and found this quote.

"When God takes something from your grasp, He is not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better."

So, we are going to put one foot in front of the other and move forward. As I've said before, we have so much to be thankful for. God has bigger and better things in mind for us. We have to look forward to finding out exactly what those things are. Meanwhile we are going to try to travel more. One day we will be the greatest aunt and uncle in history! And, we are going to enjoy the life that we have together. We are going to be in great shape - maybe even try a triathlon together? We're going to try a lot of new things together. I know that I will have good times and bad in the coming days and weeks but I will always be comforted by the great people that we are surrounded by every day. We are also comforted in knowing that we have tried absolutely everything to get pregnant. We can't look back and wonder "what if we would have tried this". We did try and we did everything in our control but it's not in His plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment